Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Potato Salad, keep it coming!

     Hi there!  Hope you all find yourselves well.  As promised I am back with a recipe for all those well-deserving mom's out there.  Being that it's may and the signs of summer are already upon us here in Florida, I thought a kicked up potato salad would bring joy to mom's all over the world.  After all potatoes make up comfort foods and let's face it mom's need something comforting after working and managing the household and kids all day.  Frankly, I can eat potato salad indefinitely, I just had some yesterday at work.  Of course, it has to be good, I don't just eat any potato salad, it should have a variety of flavors bursting in your mouth and in the end the smoothness of the potato and creaminess of the mayonnaise or other binder should bring calm and an appreciation to the fact that potato salad was in your life at that particular time...
Since this post is for mothers, I won't go on about my life at this time.  Below find the recipe for my potato salad and next time I post, I'll go on about my life.  I used light mayonnaise in this recipe, I promise you it does not take away from the flavor. Take care and enjoy!


My Potato Salad
5 pound bag of red potatoes
1/2 cup of light mayonnaise
1/2 onion minced
1/2 apples minced and peeled
4 eggs boiled/slivered
salt to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
cayenne pepper as desired

       Quarter and clean potatoes.  Boil in a large pot until tender (firm, not breaking apart) add salt to water as well.  When cooked drain water and place potatoes in large bowl.  Add mayonnaise and mix in a bit, then add slivered eggs, apple, onion then mix again at this time you can cut up the potatoes smaller with utensil your using to mix.  Taste to determine the amount of salt you want, a teaspoon is usually good for me.  Add the sugar and mix again.  Last but not least, sprinkle with cayenne pepper and enjoy. The end product should be as I mentioned earlier, bursts of flavors in your mouth, the sweet and tangy, then a kick of spice at the end, oh yea!  Please feel free to write me with any questions or post a comment, thank you.

No comments: