Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR! PANCAKES AND APPLE TOPPING!

      Happy New Year all!  Hope your doing well.  With the Christmas chaos behind me, I am now able to fully enjoy/appreciate the kitchen related gifts I was given by my daughters.  My eldest presented me with a wok, which I'd been wanting for some time now and mentioned every single time we passed them by in the kitchenware section of whatever store we were in.   My youngest bestowed upon me an electric griddle, now I'd forgotten I wanted a griddle, I was distracted by the visions of "Bath and Body Works" dancing in my head.  While I was given the gifts of various "Bath and Body Works" items (thank you so much) and enjoyed them immediately, the griddle was now heavy on my mind.
      My younger daughter questioned whether I even liked the gift she'd given me for I hadn't even unpacked it, little did she know I was thinking, planning the first food I would prepare on it.  "You could make pancakes mom" she said while I pondered.  She's brilliant, don't you think?  Although that is what I had in mind as well (it was).  So I got to work on putting together a pancake batter from scratch, I have to tell you they were so good, I just had to share the recipe with you.  These pancakes are fluffy and moist and delicious all on their own.  However, I decided to make a topping of sauteed apples in butter and browned some ham, the three grouped together inspired a nod of satisfaction oohhs! and aahhs! and perhaps even some mmms!  Below find the recipe for fluffy pancake batter, take care and enjoy! Oh and Happy New Year!
Fluffy Pancake Batter

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 egg
1 cup of evaporated milk
3 tablespoons of vinegar
3 tablespoons of butter
   In a medium bowl pour evaporated milk and vinegar, set aside for five or six minutes (should look like curdled milk).  Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into medium bowl and lightly incorporate.  Soften butter, then pour into milk and vinegar mixture add the egg as well and whisk it together. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until completely incorporated, not long.  The batter will be very thick and should yield about eight medium sized pancakes.  Enjoy!   








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice blog you have written here, friend. I have come some advice to about colinary school cherokee CA. Thanks for sharing.....