Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Poached Salmon Asian Style and A Lovely Mothers' Day

    Happy Mothers' Day to all you great moms out there!  As a mother I have learned that what entails a happy mothers day doesn't have to be a treat to a spa or a restaurant or a store bought card, a happy mothers day can be an accumulation of things your children did that made you proud or that touched you deeply or the simple fact that you appreciate your children and just being with them over rules any of the above mentioned things.  The culmination of my mothers' day was the news that my eldest daughter (14) was one of the winners of a poetry contest  held by Palm Beach County, one hundred and fifty students were chosen and the prize was they get  published in a poetry book created by the poems they entered, isn't that something? Genius I think.   I was elated, her poem touched my heart when I read it and I knew inside she would make it and that did it for me, that was my mothers day gift from her that and the inkling that perhaps I had a little something to do with her creative mind, now that's special.  My six year old gifted me in a similar way, she is exhibiting wonderful artistic creativity and precision, I'm awed by both of my children and that makes for a pretty cool mothers' day.

      As a mother's day treat I prepared our (me an my kids) favorite dish, Asian style poached salmon, it's simple to make, you won't spend hours in the kitchen and you will love it!   Below find the recipe and photos of "Asian style poached salmon" enjoy and take care!

ASIAN STYLE POACHED SALMON

2 POUNDS OF SALMON FILET
1 TABLESPOON JULIENNED GINGER (THIN SLICES)
HALF BUNCH OF PARSLEY
1 CUP OF SOY SAUCE
1/2 CUP OIL
   Bring salmon to a simmer with water (do not simmer water then add salmon cook together), heat oil to smoke point,  place cooked salmon into an inch deep dish or platter, place ginger all over filets, spread parsley all over the salmon (whole parsley including stems) pour soy sauce over the salmon, then standing back a bit pour the hot oil over the entire dish, you should hear a sizzling sound, that hot oil will cook the parsley and ginger a bit and create a sensation if done in front of guests.  Put some cooked rice on a plate and place a piece of the salmon with ginger and parsley on top of it, I can't begin to tell you what a burst of flavor your palate will recieve with the first bite, it's addictive and will become one of your favorites too.  Enjoy! 





No comments: