Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Monday, February 13, 2012

A Valentine for singles/Stuffed lobster tail

      .......If you ever leave me baby..leave some morphine at my door....Oh hi everyone, hope your all doing well, I was just playing that "Bruno Mars" "It will rain" song in my head again, it's pretty cool isn't it?  I mean he gets straight to the point, leave me drugs cause I won't be able to bare the thought of being without you sober.  Well, that's how a lot of us feel when someone leaves us, only some of us don't do drugs and MUST face the hurtful truth that "it's" over sober or somewhat sober if we have a beer (like me).  Last year I dedicated my valentine post to lovers or that special someone although I was single, (that was pretty selfless of me), so this year it's for singles.  Consider this, singles don't have to worry what their partner would like to eat for Valentines dinner, we can choose what we want, we can pamper ourselves, we can do our own "thing" and there will be no one there to try and please or criticize.  That's how I see it and with that in mind I asked myself what it is I want for Valentines from myself,  I like a good steak and I like seafood and am quite fond of rice, but which one will I have?  Since I'm single and don't have to spend money on dinner for two, I can treat myself to a good steak and seafood, which conjures a vision of a nice surf and turf.
       Immediately the thought of a sinful New York Strip steak au jus topped with caramelized onions with a crab stuffed lobster tail entered my mind and some nice fluffly white rice yum!  I picked up the steak and lobster and some crabmeat at a local market and went home, as I drove, I thought about how I'd prepare the crab stuffing, it came to me as I started preparations in the kitchen and that's the recipe I'll share with you "crab stuffed lobster tail" singles, it doesn't get any better than this.  Please enjoy it, have fun and love yourself, "Pinks" "So what" just came to mind, sing with me... SO WHAT.. I'M STILL A ROCK STAR...I GOT MY ROCK MOVES AND I DONT NEED YOU TONIGHT..I'M ALRIGHT..I'M JUST FINE..AND YOUR A TOOL...




CRAB STUFFED LOBSTER TAIL
1 small/medium lobster tail
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup of crabmeat/crabclaw meat
1 ounce panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Grab hold of the lobster tail and gently cut a deep slit starting at the tail end working up to the front, set it aside.  mix all the ingredients together gently you don't want to break up the crab too much, don't worry if the butter isn't melted, it will melt when lobster is cooking.  Take the filling and stuff it into the lobster tail, the stuffing should flow over the top of the opening as in the photo, gently pat it down and add more.  Set the oven to 350 and place stuffed lobster in, if you have extra stuffing form it into patties (for crabcakes) and put it into the baking pan with lobster, bake about fifteen minutes, that solid butter is going to melt and help bind the meat and will be delicious when you eat it you'll probably want more, luckily you'll have the steak to fall back on... 




1 comment:

Andrea said...

Now that is my kind of dinner. YUM!