Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chocolate filled cupcakes while I think...

       Hi everyone, hope you are all well.  My last post was quite short I realize that and hardly informative I realize that as well, but it's a result of exhaustion and shock I think.  It's as though the college process was this long roller coaster ride and I got off with my heart racing, a little nauseous, dizzy maybe and uhh..not sure where I was.  When I began I was sure of what I wanted and where I was going, last week I was asking myself "what next"?.  As I write, I am more "together" in my thoughts and plans, the effects of the "ride" are over and I know what direction I want to take.  A few posts ago I mentioned I was leaving Florida by April, well that's not going to happen (SHOCKER!) not by April anyway, honestly I don't know where I want to go and have to do some research before such a big decision is made, truth be told, I can't get Europe out of my head, but unfortunately I'll have to wait some more.
     So here it is (my decision) I am going to start a business here as I mentioned some months ago, I have my business card and surprise, surprise, I have made friends who want "in" in my endeavor.  This is serious, my friends are serious and rooting for me I need that, someone even said I should work side by side with Gordon Ramsey, so I can throw pots and stuff...(I think that was a compliment) But no, I wouldn't do that, for some reason they affiliate chefs with aggression..hmmm....  In about a month or so a couple of friends and I are going to host a promotion party for our businesses, I will promote my culinary skills, one friend will promote her event planning business and another friend will promote his deejay skills all under one roof, it's going to be a blast and your all invited! (will post information when available).  I am still writing and now that I have more free time I will go at it full force, I will get to where I'm going I know that.  Although I'm still not working in the culinary field, work is in abundance and I am considering switching programs so that I can have more time to plan my business, so I'm on the right track and it seems the "fates" are on my side, they just feel I have to wait  longer before leaving here.
    Boyfriend?  What's that?  Yes, I still don't have one and I'm not ashamed to say it, it's all too easy to go to a bar and pick someone up.... why did I bring this up?  I don't want to talk about it.  Let's talk about food, last Sunday my eldest daughter suggested we try baking, she reminded me that a good chef should know a lot about baking, I agreed.  We chose a simple recipe from this cute cupcake book she has and it was so much fun putting it together with her, teaching her and witnessing her wit, the cupcake was good too.  These cupcakes bring decadent happiness, served warm with perhaps a cup of coffee you feel a sense of well being and warmth.  The melted chocolate in the center has just the right amount of sweetness and provides the satisfaction one desires when craving chocolate.  Here I have for you the recipe for "warm-chocolate filled cupcakes" it is best to serve these warm, so that the chocolate in the center does not solidify.  Enjoy good people!

Warm chocolate filled cupcakes

For twelve cupcakes

8 tablespoons of softened butter
1/2 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of self rising flour
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
4 ounces of semisweet chocolate
12 paper liners
confectioners sugar for dusting onto cupcake

To begin you should preheat the ove to 375.  Mix butter, sugar, egg, flour and cocoa in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.  Now you will spoon the batter into the liners only halfway, then make a small dent in each .  You need 12 pieces of chocolate for your cakes, cut the four ounces of chocolate evenly and place a piece in each liner.  Cover the chocolate with the rest of the batter and bake for 20 minutes or until the cake has risen and springs back when pressed.  Let the cakes stand for a few minutes, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.


    

4 comments:

Hotel Management College in Kolkata said...

Thanks for sharing the info here. Keep up the good work. All the best.

Monica said...

Hey Leslie,,,congrats on your accomplishment of becoming a Chef..I'm sure it wasn't easy...but no great accomplishment isn't...anyway,just wanted to thank you for sharing your recipe...gotta try soon..love chocolate...

Monica said...

thnx for sharing...gotta try...absolutely love chocolate...

Katja said...

These look great - and it's the first time I've seen a recipe for only a dozen cupcakes vs 24 :) I will have to try these!