Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

         Hi everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Wow!  I can't believe it's been a year since I began writing this blog, isn't that something?  I can't begin to tell you how much fun it's been for me to write and take photos and experiment with recipes for the purpose of maintaining this blog, it's changed my life, I'm not the same person I was last year I'm better, stronger, happier.  By the end of 2010 I decided it was time to start writing the blog I had only dreamed of for what seemed like ages, it became my "new years resolution" and I realized there's a sense of accomplishment that comes when you attempt to fulfill your dreams I'm glad I did it.
       After we "rang" in the new year with squawkers and poppers and drinks (the girls had soda) I sat down with my youngest daughter as she built as high as she could with this set of dominoes, we've had the set for years and that's all she ever used them for so I said "okay first resolution which will take place right now will be to teach both you and your sister to play dominoes" we played a few games and they caught on quickly (I lost all the games).  So, what are my other goals this year?  Well...to leave Florida for one, yes..yes..you read it here, I'm picking up and leaving "the sunshine state" it's just not for me, I like my holidays cold.....anyway, I've decided I'll be out of Florida by at least April of this year I'm headed for Philadelphia that's the plan, however, if I happen to get an offer to travel abroad to write and cook (please, please, please) I'll be headed abroad so my plan isn't finite, hey I can live with that.  My next resolution is to continue with this blog and....here's the major one..to finish writing my novel, that's big! 
          I'd like to share with you that verygoodrecipes.com is hosting a cooking competition (online) and have asked me to be a judge, I'm honored, really, the theme is "breakfasts of the world" and I am elated to be a part of this.  I will post the link once everything involving the competition is situated so that you can have a look for yourself.  Below find some photos of some of my favorite foods and my drink of choice new years eve, have a great new year!