Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ciao Global!

        Thursday I completed the last day in Global Cuisine, there was really nothing more to do that day exams were behind us, not much cleaning was needed because prior classes did the bulk of it, so what were we to do? Eat that's what.  We agreed we'd do a "potluck" dinner and most all of us brought something in, being that I was pressed for time, I took the easy way out and picked up some krispy kremes on the way to class, of course the fact that I didn't cook them didn't stop my classmates from devouring them.  I passed my finals creating a bacon-wrapped shrimp with a mango-cranberry sauce as an appetizer and my entree consisted of a pork tenderloin with an herb crust on top and the mango-cranberry sauce spread underneath, I did this to show the sauce was versatile and to bind the two dishes, accompanying the tenderloin was rice pilaf, sauteed carrots and cremini mushrooms.  Chef seemed to genuinely enjoy both and verbalized it and I was deeply relieved to finally be done with exams.  I've made the grade and am moving on to Garde Manger, which translates to keeper of food, but today means preparer of cold foods such as salads and hors d'oeuvres and is also the art of decorating foods as well.

    Believe it or not I'm trying to adjust to the fact that I'm free from school for the next three weeks, yahhoooo!  All I can think of is excercising, so this weekend I took the kids and walked/jogged in the park and will continue for the next three weeks, I will also be trying new recipes and posting them on here.  In celebration of my brief freedom I vowed to veg out in bed for a while and just watch movies Friday, so I went to the library to pick up some movies I had on hold.   take care!  PS. Please enjoy the photo of Fridays' full moon.

  

No comments: